Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Broadway (read the story behind-the-scenes)

I saw her
the woman who loves you

I saw her that day
the woman who held you
in her arms
and loves you
as only she can

I saw her that day
that day in the theatre
our eyes met
and then i knew
as i saw her in you

so take it, take the day
let her have her way
and love you
the way she loves you
and if you wanna love her
go ahead and love her

Something passed between us
what it was I cannot say
but somehow she knew
that I once loved you, too
perhaps, indeed, she could recognize
je-ne sais quais
in my eyes

so take it, take the day
know that when our eyes met
she knew,
she knew I loved you too!
her eyes reached to my heart
to my soul
to the edge of that black hole

but as I sit here alone
this is where I need to be
I'm happy for you
although I would never admit it
a little proud, as well
your sun is rising
and for me
tomorrow is a new day

so take it, take the day
and let me have my say
go ahead and love her
cause she reminds you of another
and you can mold her
i know that you have told her
that you love her
so take the day
and let me fade away

No comments:

Post a Comment